Current Openings at The Mahaffey
We are currently recruiting a Public Relations Manager.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local entertainment writers, features editors, news directors, assignment editors
- Develop long-lead and human interest stories for events and entertainers, generate press and publicity opportunities for 70+ publicly ticketed performances per year
- Manage all aspects of social media for special events to include but not be limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Strategically utilize digital media to identify and target ticket buyers in the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota markets and other outlying areas and utilize in-house assets to engage these potential customers
- Represent the venue at events, as assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or Sports/ Entertainment Management.
- Minimum of 4 years public relations experience preferred.
- Prior entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Detail oriented w/ excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Creative and proactive problem solver.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and selected holidays
To apply, send your resume, salary requirements and three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25, 2014.