HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATES
UPDATED FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 AT 9AM
The Duke Energy Center for the Arts – Mahaffey Theater has developed health and safety protocols in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control. The policies and procedures have been implemented to ensure that our venue remains a safe place for the community to enjoy the performing arts. Here’s what to expect:
Entering the Venue:
- Face Coverings that cover the nose and mouth are required inside the venue. Guests are recommended to bring their own. If you do not have one upon arrival, one will be provided to you at the door.
- If you are feeling sick, or reside with someone who is ill, please stay home.
- Valet parking will NOT be available. Parking in our garage and parking lot is $10, cash only. Please enter from Gate 1 located on First Street South.
- All bags are subject to screening before entering the Lobby.
- Tickets will be scanned by Ushers, but will not be touched or torn.
- The Theater will be deep cleaned daily with long lasting, hospital grade disinfectant.
In the Lobby:
- Face Coverings may be removed briefly in the Lobby when consuming Food and Beverages. Coverings must cover the nose and mouth to enter the Theater.
- Hand Sanitizer is available throughout the venue. If you require additional cleaning supplies, please visit the Concierge Desk located in the Lobby.
- Plexiglass shields are in place at all bar locations and the concierge desk.
- Contactless payment is available at all bar locations.
- Touchless paper towel and soap dispensers have been installed in our restrooms.
- Cleaning staff will be continuously wiping down high-contact areas during the performance. This includes railings, bars and restrooms.
In the Theater:
- There will be no food or drink allowed in the Theater. All concessions will need to be consumed in the Lobby before entering the Theater and taking your seat.
- Our ventilation system meets or exceeds all federal, state and local guidelines.
- Cleaning staff will be cleaning the theater in between performances.
While we are doing everything we can to create a safe space to enjoy live entertainment, please note that exposure to the novel coronavirus exists in all public places. By attending a performance at the Duke Energy Center for the Arts – Mahaffey Theater you voluntarily assume all risks and agree that you will not hold the City of St. Petersburg; Big3 Entertainment; Mahaffey Theater or its employees liable for any resulting illness or injury.