HEALTH & SAFETY UPDATES
UPDATED FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 AT 3PM
The Rocky Horror Picture Show will take place as scheduled for Sunday, October 2 at 8pm! Doors to the lobby will open at 7pm, the box office will open at 6pm. PLEASE NOTE: No outside participation items will be allowed for this performance. Prop bags will be available for purchase in our lobby before the show.
No backpacks or tote bags will be allowed. Bags must be clear and no larger than 12″x12″x6″ and all bags are subject to screening at entry.
We will resume regular Office, Call Center & Box Office weekly hours on Monday, 10/3.
UPDATED TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 AT 3PM
At this time, The Florida Orchestra has postponed their 55th Celebration Featuring Itzhak Perlman, originally scheduled for Saturday, October 1. Hold on to your tickets, as they will be valid for the new performance date. Click here to read more.
UPDATED MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26 AT 1PM
Due to the impending storm, our building will be closed starting Tuesday, September 27, until further notice.
We are closely monitoring the storm in hopes that we able to proceed with this weekend’s scheduled events. In the event we will be unable to proceed, all ticket holders will be notified via email and event show pages will be updated with current information.
We will be keeping our social media up to date with the latest information as the storm progresses. Follow @MahaffeyTheater on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for details as they become available.
Stay safe and we’ll see you soon!
Here’s what to expect when attending a performance at the Duke Energy Center for the Arts – Mahaffey Theater.
Entering the Venue:
- Face Coverings are recommended inside the venue, but not required to attend a performance.
- The Florida Orchestra also recommends wearing face masks inside the venue. For full details, click here.
- All bags are subject to screening before entering the Lobby.
In the Lobby:
- Contactless payment is available at all bar locations.
- Touchless paper towel and soap dispensers have been installed in our restrooms.
- Cleaning staff will be continuously wiping down high-contact areas during the performance. This includes railings, bars and restrooms.
In the Theater:
- Our ventilation system meets or exceeds all federal, state and local guidelines.
- Cleaning staff will be cleaning the theater in between performances.
Please note that exposure to the novel coronavirus exists in all public places. By attending a performance at the Duke Energy Center for the Arts – Mahaffey Theater you voluntarily assume all risks and agree that you will not hold the City of St. Petersburg; Big3 Entertainment; Mahaffey Theater or its employees liable for any resulting illness or injury.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make changes to procedures as needed.