THE NEW EXPERIENCE
UPDATED WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 28 AT 10AM
The Duke Energy Center for the Arts – Mahaffey Theater has developed new health and safety protocols in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control. The new policies and procedures have been implemented to ensure that our venue remains a safe place for the community to enjoy the performing arts. Here’s what to expect:
Entering the Venue:
- All guests, staff and musicians are required to wear face coverings while inside the venue. You will not be permitted to enter the venue without one. If you do not have one, one will be provided for you.
- If you are feeling sick, or reside with someone who is ill, please stay home.
- Valet parking will NOT be available. Parking in our garage and parking lot is $10, cash only. Please enter from Gate 1 located on First Street South.
- Touchless temperature checks will be conducted upon arrival to the venue.
- All bags are subject to screening before entering the Lobby.
- Tickets will be checked by Ushers, but will not be touched or torn.
- The Theater will be deep cleaned daily with long lasting, hospital grade disinfectant.
In the Lobby:
- Hand Sanitizer is available throughout the venue. If you require additional cleaning supplies, please visit the Concierge Desk located in the Lobby.
- Please follow directional signage and 6-foot markings on the floor leading to bars and restrooms to maintain space between other patrons.
- Plexiglass shields are in place at all bar locations and the concierge desk.
- Contactless payment is available at all bar locations.
- Touchless paper towel and soap dispensers have been installed in our restrooms.
- Cleaning staff will be continuously wiping down high-contact areas during the performance. This includes railings, bars and restrooms.
In the Theater:
- Our ventilation system meets or exceeds all federal, state and local guidelines.
- We will be operating at 25% capacity until further notice to ensure proper social distancing between patrons.
- All ticketed pairs will be spaced 6 feet from other guests.
- Cleaning staff will be cleaning the theater in between performances.
While we are doing everything we can to create a safe space to enjoy live entertainment, please note that exposure to the novel coronavirus exists in all public places. By attending a performance at the Duke Energy Center for the Arts – Mahaffey Theater you voluntarily assume all risks and agree that you will not hold the City of St. Petersburg; Big3 Entertainment; Mahaffey Theater; The Florida Orchestra or its employees liable for any resulting illness or injury.